18 March 2021
Financial Reporting ExpertFull time, Brussels
Accountancy Europe is the voice of the European accountancy profession. As the umbrella organisation for 50 professional bodies, we represent 1 million accountants, auditors and advisors. We translate their daily experience to inform the European policy debate.
To strengthen our team, we are seeking a university graduate with practical experience in financial reporting who is motivated to influence the future of the European profession.
- The opportunity to help shape the development of financial and also sustainability reporting
- A challenging and uniquely varied job with opportunities to work on cutting edge issues
- The chance to develop within an international and motivated team at the heart of the European Union (EU), Brussels
- Significant networking opportunities on the EU scene
- The opportunity to interact with technical experts and leaders of the accountancy profession across Europe
- A competitive compensation package
The main responsibilities will include
- Drafting thought-provoking publications and consultation responses, using own research and technical input from experts
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on key technical and policy developments, both on EU and international level
- Initiating outreach activities and engaging with external stakeholders
The successful candidate will have
- A university degree (preferably in business or economics)
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in financial reporting or accounting (preferably in an accounting or auditing firm)
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Practical experience of using IFRS
- Knowledge of financial services (banking, insurance) is a definite plus
- An interest in EU affairs (knowledge of the EU policymaking process would be a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, willingness to learn and ability to manage work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent research skills and a pro-active outlook
Interested candidates should send to [email protected] (only):
- a motivation letter of maximum one page and,
- a CV of maximum two pages.
CV’s should indicate the current status of your right to work in the EU.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.