10 October 2018
Auditing and Assurance ProfessionalFull-time, Brussels
Accountancy Europe is the voice of the European accountancy profession. It represents a combined membership of 1 million accountants, auditors and advisors in Europe. We translate their daily experience from across Europe to inform the European policy debate.
To strengthen its team, Accountancy Europe is seeking a university graduate with practical experience in auditing and assurance and a desire to represent the profession and shape its development across Europe.
- The opportunity to help influence developing the auditing and assurance profession
- A challenging and uniquely varied job with opportunities to work on cutting edge issues
- The chance to work and develop within an international and motivated team at the heart of the EU, Brussels, directly reporting to the Deputy CEO
- Significant networking opportunities on the EU scene
- The opportunity to interact with audit leaders and technical experts across Europe
- A competitive compensation package
The main responsibilities will include
- Contributing to thought leadership projects and other publications, using own research and technical input from experts, that influence the future of the profession
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on key technical and policy developments
- Updating Accountancy Europe Member Bodies of key international policy and technical developments
- Participating in outreach activities and engaging with external stakeholders
The successful candidate will have
- A University degree (preferably in business or economics)
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in (statutory) audit of financial statements and providing assurance services on company reporting
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Practical experience of using ISAs and knowledge of IFRS is a plus
- An interest in European Affairs (knowledge of the EU policymaking process would be a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, willingness to learn and ability to manage work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent research skills and a pro-active outlook
Interested candidates should send to email@example.com (only):
- a motivation letter of maximum one page and,
- a CV of maximum two pages.
CV’s should indicate the current status of your right to work in the European Union.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For more information visit us on www.accountancyeurope.eu