On Thursday, 1 December 2005, FEE will organise a Seminar on IFRS Convergence and Consistency. The Seminar, to be held in Brussels, will address the interlinked issues of convergence, mutual recognition and equivalence and consistent application of IFRS.
Issues to be debated at the Seminar include the meaning of convergence, its costs and benefits and ensuring a robust convergence process, as well as how to secure consistent application of IFRS. By bringing together the key stakeholders, the FEE Seminar will help move the policy debate forward.
Participants at the event include:
- Charlie McCreevy, European Commissioner
- Ethiopis Tafara, Director, International Affairs, US SEC
- Sir David Tweedie, Chairman of the IASB
- Michael Crooch, FASB Board Member
- Pervenche Berès, Chair of the Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee in the European Parliament
The full programme can be downloaded below. If you wish to attend the Seminar contact Elizabeth Fox (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +32 2 231 11 12) for a registration form.