Sustainability has been a buzzword throughout the EU elections. Now that the elections are over, it is time to reflect on how sustainability can be integrated into the financial agenda.
On 5 June, EPC and Accountancy Europe held a post-election debate with European Issuers, EFAMA, Better Finance and AFME which presented their vision as Brussels trade organizations and, on the other side, WWF and European Investment Bank that promptly reacted to their views.
ACCOUNTANCY EUROPE’ S VIEW
Have a look at our next EU term priorities here
ARTICLE BY MARION FONTANA FOR AGENCE EUROPE
While sustainable finance was one of the main campaign themes during the European elections on 26 May, several stakeholders gathered on Wednesday 5 June at a conference organised by Accountancy Europe and the European Policy Centre (EPC) to make their voices and concrete expectations heard by the new European Parliament and the next Commission.
Read the full article here
EUROPEAN POLICY CENTRE’ S VIEW
- Opening remarks: Eleni Kanelli, Head of Advocacy, Accountancy Europe
- Moderator: Stefan Sipka, Policy Analyst, EPC
- Olivier Boutellis-Taft, CEO, Accountancy Europe
- Florence Bindelle, Secretary General, European Issuers
- Tanguy van de Werve, Director General, EFAMA
- Aleksandra Maczynska, Executive Director, BETTER FINANCE
- Rick Watson, Head of Capital Markets, AFME
- Julia Linares, Sustainable Investment Officer, WWF
- Aldo M. Romani, Head of Sustainability Funding, EIB
HOW TO WRAP UP THE DAY?