How can taxes help with our climate ambitions? Is it possible to tax digitalised businesses? What tax challenges and solutions does aging populations pose?
We discussed the future of taxation, and how our tax systems must change to adapt to megatrends such as climate change, digitalisation and an ageing population. The webinar marked the launch of Accountancy Europe’s sustainable tax project series and call for contributions.
The aim is to promote a dialogue between policy-makers, civil society and business for holistic solutions.
Watch below and see the audience questions:
- Benjamin Angel, Director, DG TAXUD, European Commission
- Paul Tang, S&D/Netherlands, MEP & Chair of FISC Committeepanel debate:
- Chiara Putaturo, EU Inequality and Tax Policy Advisor, Oxfam
- Maria Volanen, Head of Taxation Policy, Technology Industries of Finland
- Agustin Redonda, Council on Economic Policies
Interviews by Eelco van der Enden, Chair, Accountancy Europe’s Tax Policy Group and Luca Bosco, Vice-Chair for Sustainable Taxation, Accountancy Europe’s Tax Policy Group.
Moderated by Paul Gisby, Senior Manager, Accountancy Europe.