In this EU Green Week 2023 partner event, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Accountancy Europe and the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) will bring together global experts to discuss the skills and education needed for finance professionals to contribute to a green and just transition.
As the world seeks to decarbonise its economies and achieve net zero emissions, there is an urgent need for stakeholders to understand and respond to that challenge.
Finance professionals and the accountancy profession have a critical role in putting sustainability at the heart of decision-making and in championing responsible practices in the public interest. They must, however, be equipped with the right education and skills.
Join us to discuss:
- how to identify and create the right framework for sustainability education for finance professionals
- the strong need for capacity building in the sustainability information space
- challenges and opportunities for practitioners
Speakers (scroll down for programme):
- Adriana Tiron-Tudor, Chair of Professional Accountancy Education in Europe (PAEE)
- Anne Marie Vitale, Chair of the International Panel on Accountancy Education, IFAC
- Bianca Isaincu, Policy Analyst, Financial Literacy and Sustainable Finance, the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Clemence Lecat, Senior Manager Accounting Expertise, Unilever
- Mardi McBrien, Chief of Strategic Affairs & Capacity Building, the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) Foundation
- Olivier Boutellis-Taft, CEO Accountancy Europe
- Sharon Machado, Head of Sustainable Business, ACCA