Watch the recording of the webinar:
Check the questions asked via slido.
This webinar will bring together key stakeholders to discuss audit committees’ role in the effective implementation of sustainability and ESG aspects in business. We will also present the recent Accountancy Europe paper ESG Governance: recommendations for audit committees.
Audit committees play a crucial role in promoting strong corporate governance through their involvement in risk oversight, internal controls, corporate reporting and audit. New EU legislation around sustainability reporting and due diligence is extending the mandate of company boards to include Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) matters. As an important board committee, the audit committee will have a central role to play in supporting boards with their new responsibilities.
Webinar speakers (scroll down for programme):
- Salla Saastamoinen, Director, DG JUST, European Commission
- Maud Gaudry, Global Co-Head of Sustainability, Mazars
- Josina Kamerling, Head of Regulatory Outreach EMEA, CFA Institute
- Turid Elisabeth Solvang, Founder/CEO, FutureBoards AS
- Moderator: Olivier Boutellis-Taft, Chief Executive Officer, Accountancy Europe